Scuba Diving and Decompression
- Saturation effects in diving, the Model ZH-L16, operation of dive computers (German: Sättigungsvorgänge beim Tauchen, das Modell ZH-L16, Funktionsweise von Tauchcomputern, Italian: Effetti della saturazione in immersione, il modello ZH-L16, funzionamento dei computer da immersione)
- Das ,,Varying-Permeability``-Modell
UDDF - The successor of UDCF
UDDF 3.2.1 (english version) - Universal Dive Data Format is the successor of UDCF. Roughly speaking UDDF (english version) is an advanced superset of UDCF, which can be used for logging and planing dives and for managing all kind of information via an electronical logbook application. Moreover there is an XML-schema available. In the case of comments or questions please send an email.
UDCF - Universal Dive Computer Format
UDCF was intended as an easy and portable way to exchange and use profile data with any program supporting UDCF. Hence it is possible to do decompression calculations using data from any commercially available dive computer (of course you need a special converter and a suitable software for converting profile-data into UDCF). A big advantage of this approach is, that one only have to write an application, which converts the native dive computer format into UDCF to fully support this dive computer by any UDCF enabled application. For portability and easy parser-generation (if someone is willing to support UDCF) UDCF follows the XML-spirit (It should be easily possible to describe UDCF by an XML-DTD), so any XML-parser can be used (e.g. Sun's JAXP).
At the moment there exists a converter for Uwatec's Aladin profile data into UDCF (MS-DOS/Linux) and a converter for Suunto's EON (Linux). Moreover Kai Schroeders "Tausim" supports UDCF, so one can do decompression calculation with profile data recorded by an Uwatec Aladin or an Suunto EON using "TauchSim" (DOS). For Linux there exits an UDCF-Viewer application using gtk and gtk--
Despite that UDCF should not be used anymore, because it will be replaced by UDDF, the old documentation is still provided as a sort of "proof of concept".
- UDCF-Online Documentation (German Version)
- UDCF-Online Documentation (English Version)
- UDCF-Online Documentation (Spanish Version)
- Online Documentation as zip-file
- A sample UDCF file
I added tools for Reefnet's SENSUS, which can read and convert profile-data into UDCF.
- Parser for UDCF - libUDCF-0.1.2 - Complete tarball (Linux)
- Kai Schroeders Aladin-Tools for UDCF Zip-File (MS-DOS)
- udcfview Screenshot
- udcfview-0.1.16 - Viewer for UDCF-files - Complete tarball (Linux)
- sensustools-1.0.0 - Complete tarball (Linux)
- eontools-0.5.0 - Tools for converting EON profile-data into UDCF: Complete tarball (Linux)
Note: I have tested the eontools 0.5.0 on a Pismo-Powerbook with Gentoo-Linux, by using an EON divecomputer, the original PC-interface and a Keyspan USB-serial-converter. At least for me 'eondump' worked perfectly. Using the same USB-serial-converter the sensustools also work!
- Sensus - Divers Black Box
- Converter for UDCF -> Postscript
- Infos about Suunto's divecomputers (Data transfer and profile structure)
- Kai Schroeders Tausim (decompression via Buehlmann's algorithm)
- Protocol and structure of Uwatec Aladin divecomputers
Last update : 8/1/13